What you will need:
Paper, 40" x 4 1/2". Wall paper lining paper or brown craft paper are suitable. It is easy to cut the size in one piece if the paper comes off a roll. Otherwise, you may need to join two pieces of paper to achieve the length required.
Thread and beads to finish
This book is suitable for quotation or poem.
1. From short left hand edge of paper, measure along top edge
1" - 1.5" - 1" - 1.5" - 1" - 1.5" etc. until you reach the end.
2. From short left hand edge of paper, measure along bottom edge
1" - 1" - 1.5" - 1" - 1.5" - 1" etch
3. Lightly score folds from front.
4. Fold concertina style. Some folds will need to be reversed.
5. Fold first the last 1" folds under, then glue to strengthen.
6. Letter alternate pages on front of book.
7. Make template of blank page on front of book and cut slightly smaller shapes from decorative paper.
8. Using glue stick or spray mount, stick decorative papers to blank pages on lettered side of book.
9. Turn book over and glue decorative papers to reverse side of lettered pages.
10. Concertina the finished book into a fantastic whirligig.
11. Finish with beads and thread for decoration.